Access papers I’ve published here, or visit google scholar for the most up-to-date list of papers and citations. Where licensing agreements permit, I’ve posted the formatted .pdf of journal articles here. For others, I try to post postprints; please contact me and I can send you a formatted copy.
Peer Reviewed Manuscripts
- Roswell, M, Harrison, T, & Genung, M. Biodiversity-ecosystem function relationships change in sign and magnitude across the Hill diversity spectrum. under review: Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B. preprint: https://biorxiv.org/cgi/content/short/2022.09.30.510130v1
Roswell, M. & Espíndola, A. Global conservation status modeling approach provides credible results at regional scales and with alternate taxa. In prep for submission to Journal of Applied Ecology, Fall 2022.
- Roswell, M, Cariveau, D P, Harrison, T, Genung, M A, Gibbs, J, & Winfree, R. (2021). Pollinator habitat plantings benefit wild, native bees, but do not necessarily favor rare species. preprint of an earlier draft: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.05.24.445524
- Simpson, D, Weinman L, Genung M, Roswell M, MacLeod M, Winfree R. Many species, including locally rare species, are important for function of mutualist networks. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 2022. doi:10.1098/rspb.2021.2689 PDF
- Roswell M, Dushoff J, Winfree R. A conceptual guide to measuring species diversity. Oikos 2021. doi:10.1111/oik.07202 PDF
- Roswell M, Dushoff J, Winfree R. Male and female bees show large differences in floral preference. Saunders ME, editor. PLoS One. 2019;14: e0214909. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0214909 PDF
- MacLeod M, Reilly J, Cariveau DP, Genung MA, Roswell M, Gibbs J, et al. How much do rare and crop-pollinating bees overlap in identity and flower preferences? Journal of Applied Ecology 2019; 1–11. doi:10.1111/1365-2664.13543 PDF
- Roswell M, Bolker B, Dushoff J. ratioScales: Rational Scales for Visualizing Change [Internet]. 2022. Available: https://github.com/mikeroswell/ratioScales
- Roswell M, Dushoff J. MeanRarity: Hill Diversity Estimation and Visualization [Internet]. 2020. Available: https://github.com/mikeroswell/MeanRarity
- Roswell M. Protecting Pollinators: How to save the creatures that feed our world. Ecological Restoration. 2019;37: 280.
- Ward K, Cariveau D, May E, Roswell M, Vaughan M, Williams N, et al. Streamlined bee monitoring protocol for assessing pollinator habitat. The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation. 2014. PDF
- The Muniche Talking Dictionary- an online “talking” lexicon with both Muniche- Spanish and Muniche-English interfaces. June 2011. Available online at http://muniche.swarthmore.edu
- Una breve descripción del idioma Muniche: Yurimaguas, Peru, August 2009. PDF